School is out and most families are planning their annual Summer vacations. Perhaps you are looking to plan a family vacation that includes your pet. I have pulled together a list of five Summer vacations that would be enjoyable for the humans and fur balls of your family.
- Santa Barbara, CA. I love Santa Barbara and I love visiting the wine country around there! For me this would be the ultimate family/pet vacation. My suggestion would be to stay at Fess Parker Doubletree by Hilton located in Santa Barbara. It’s a beautiful hotel that will allow you to check in up to two pets of any size for only $40 more per night. Not only does the hotel offer lots of amenities but the local area is filled with all sorts of fun family activities like the Santa Barbara Zoo, Sea Center, beaches, museums and beautiful parks and gardens close by. The wine country is only a short drive away but you can also indulge at the onsite Wine Tasting Room.
- Telluride, CO. If you are an outdoorsy person then Colorado takes the cake. Year round you have an abundance of amazing outdoor activities that the entire family would surely enjoy. Everything from white water rafting, fishing, hunting, hiking, skiing, etc. you can easily find an activity to the please the whole family. The Fairmont Heritage Place offers a beautiful rustic retreat that allows you to bring another your dog for an additional $25 per night.
- Key West, FL. Perhaps a beach is in your near future. Then look no further than Key West, FL. The water is crystal clear, the key lime pie is fantastic and the sunsets will knock your socks off. The Sheraton Suites Key West allows pets and does not charge a daily pet fee.
- Lost Pines, TX. Located just outside of the ever bustling, yet super cool Austin, TX is the Hyatt Regency Lost Pines Resort & Spa. Enjoy your days poolside, horseback riding, kayaking, taking in the spa, or shopping in Austin then star gaze at night with your pet by the fire pit eating smores. It’s all relaxing at this gorgeous retreat. Dog are welcomed here with their own dog bowl and dog bed for a flat $150 pet fee.
- New York, NY. In such a pet friendly town there are tons of options of places to stay. After researching many I must suggest The Muse by Kimpton which allows all sorts of pets. Folks this isn’t just a hotel but a pet hotel. They offer in room pedicures for you and your dog, pet beds, etc. No additional pet fees are assessed. It goes without saying that NYC is the city that doesn’t sleep and there are so many fun things to do and see I cannot possibly even list them all. You will for sure have an amazing trip!
No matter your destination this summer if you plan to take your pet along I would suggest calling your hotel ahead of time to verify they allow your pet, your pet’s breed and size and inquire about any additional pet fee’s that might be assessed. It’s best to know ahead of time and plan for that extra expense. Also find out if they provide pet beds and bowls, one less item to pack for your trip.